House of Music: Open House Jam!
August 13th is our Open House! There will be live music, guitar maintenance workshops, music theory workshops, a bake sale, and much more! We are hosting this event at our Orland Hills store. The bake sale volunteer sign up can be found at the front desk.
Summer Showcase: Back to School Bash!
Our next showcase is coming up on Sunday, September 10th. All rock bands, the percussion ensemble, and our acapella groups will be featured. Solo sign-ups are open at the front desk—don’t forget to fill out a teacher recommendation sheet! There will be prizes, raffles, and a buffet! There will be a $10 cover charge at the door. Sullivan’s Pub (now known as Cheers) will be hosting us from about 12-9pm
We are having a contest for our next showcase poster. The rules are as follows:
- The posters theme is “Back to School Bash!”, the theme must be stated on the poster
- Time and location info should be stated on the poster: September 10th at Sullivan’s Irish Pub and Eatery, located at 4660 147th street in Midlothian, 12pm
- There will be a $10 cover charge (at the door)
- We will have raffles, prizes, and a buffet
- The poster can either be hand-drawn or made on the computer. Submissions are due by August 15th and should be turned into the front desk. Posters made on the computer should be printed and turned in as well.
Sounds of Summer!
Keep in mind that we have an acoustic open mic show every Friday from 4-7pm throughout the rest of the summer. No sign up needed!
MNM Riding Club Benefit
Sunday, August 20th, featuring select rock bands. There is a $10 charge for each person which covers food. There will be raffles, auctions, and split the pot!
Spirit of America Car Show at Orland Park
This show will be hosted at the Orland Park Crossing on September 16th, featuring Stone Type Thing with Anthony Tabor, and some of our very own House of Music students! There is no charge for this event, so bring your friends!
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us via email or call us at 708-403-9903 and we will do our best to help you out.